Monday, April 28, 2008

My First Teen Layout!!!

Kaylani and I have been developing a style a for her teen layouts. This is her first teen pic that I have scrapped, even though she will be 14 in May. We were trying to come up with a title and as we got to chitchatting about school, friends, and drama, we decided to use the lyrics from Gavin DeGraw's song, I Don't Want To Be. I am so blessed that she is proud of who she is and refuses to change who she is to please others, but is quick to change to please God. Unlike many of her teenage cohorts who always seem to be unhappy or like to stir up drama. I wished I possessed her confidence and grace when I was that age.


5 comments:

  1. What a gorgoeus photo of your daughter Lynn. I love the layout too. I have about 30 zillion photos to scrap as I only started scrap booking last summer, so I think it could be years before I scrap some photos of my teenagers...infact it may be their retirement present the way I am going!!!
    Hope you are well. Is your sister doing ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    (And I love the song those lyrics are from. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn,
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! You may have noticed that you are on my faves list too! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE what you do with the tear bears, there is a real art to, Ive tried and failed miserably (although I might give it another go!)
    Your Teen layout is AWESOME, love that song and they just suit that layout perfectly :) what a great job!
    Drop by My blog anytime, as I'm sure to drop by yours often :)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhh your color choices are to drool for!!! and the paper!!!! swoooon!!! although i love me some paper and cutting the stuff up, scrapbooking art is not my forte.... i so wish it could be though :) i have the darnest time mixing patterns.... and your latest embellishments are to drool for!!!

    thx so much for stopping by the other day :)

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful !! fantastic colour choice and your dd looks so beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete