Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A delay in Etsy listings

For 10 months last year, my sister was on me to open up an Etsy shop. I did get a username for Etsy the first time she mentioned it, but that was as far as I went. With the hectic 60 hour work week schedule I have had the past few years, I could never find the time or the energy to create layouts on a regular basis. Anytime I had a vacation or time off over the past few years, my sister was either going into the hospital or just getting home from one. I had been seriously praying and discussing with my hubby the possibility of me cutting back my hours to pursue my love of scrapbooking for many many months. But not only did I want to pursue creating layouts for others, over the course of praying, I added a few other scrapbook related avenues that I thought I would like to venture down.

Finally, after my sister started having more good days than bad, I decided to give Etsy a whirl in December. Last month, I took the plunge and cut back on my work schedule and God has amazingly opened one door after another. All the wonderful things happen to me over the course of the month, that I am just bursting at the seams trying to contain it all. When I went home on for spring break, I was just like old times before my sister was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. When I went home this time, it was the first time in 3 years that she was feeling good. One day on break, we loaded up the kids and drove to town to have lunch and we ended up shopping for so long we had to have a late dinner at Outback Steakhouse!

Last week, I was mulling over a decision to buy out a small craft business. Over the weekend, I decided to take the plunge and I have been working on the inventory and getting it all organized and put away in my little humble studio ever since. I think I should have my studio squared away this evening and I will finally have the chance to get to started on creating layouts tomorrow. I won't have any listings ready for Etsy tomorrow (Wednesday) but should have some ready to list on Friday or Saturday.


Have a beautiful week!
~Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hooray Lynn! Congrats on taking the plunge! I wish you much success with Etsy!

    Claudette

    ReplyDelete